Who I Am
I live in Rishon le Zion, Israel with my family: husband, 3 kids, and 2 dogs (although my kids are pretty grown up and two are independent already).
I grew up in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (mother tongue is English). I made Aliya in 1982.
I have an M.A. in “English Literature and Literary Translation” from Bar Ilan University (2016).
I have a B.Sc. (University of Toronto) in Environmental Studies.
I am a registered member in good standing of the Israeli Translators Association (ITA).
I also have diplomas from (in reverse order)
- Bar Ilan – Teaching translation for bagrut (Final average 86%)
- Beit Berl – English editing (final average 95%)
- Helen Doron English – Teaching English as a second language
- Bayit College – Furniture design
- Ahad l’Ahad – Computer graphics
- ORT Careers – Designing show windows
- The Institute for Graphics and Illustration – Graphics and illustration
- Ontario College of Art – Graphics and prerequisites for Medical Illustration (2-years, no diploma)
I have work experience in
- editing (English)
- translating (Hebrew to English)
- writing (pedagogical and how-to features in newspapers)
- technical writing (Tadiran)
- teaching English
- kitchen, bathroom, and storage design
- window dressing
- mundane secretarial work
Some of my interests include
- dogs: rescue, agility, canine freestyle, clicker training
- the Israel Guide Dog Center for the Blind
- reading (anything and everything; not a day goes by without some book)
- blogging (even my dog has a blog)
- knitting (member in Ravelry.com), sewing and other textile arts
- cooking (if I’m in the mood)
- illustrating children’s books
You can contact me at
- firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda.Yechiel@gmail.com
- 052-5119787 (972-52-5119787)
Recommendations and praise from clients.