The English language is rife with anomalies, peculiarities and unconformities.
There is no end to the humor that can be found in the English language.
This page will be to exquisite links that will give you a chuckle based on English foibles, or editors’ absences.
more to come
For starters, check out the pages in this blog under this Tab!
- Eye Halve a Spelling Checker. Don’t rely on Spellcheck!
- Oxymorons. “same difference,” “pretty ugly,” “clearly misunderstood,” and more!
- Can you explain why…? Why is it that quicksand works slowly, boxing rings are square, and other crazy things
- Fun with Homophones. A bicycle can’t stand on its own because it is two-tired (too tired)…and more.
- Fun with Homonyms. To write with a broken pencil is pointless…..and more.
- Fun with Homographs. They were too close to the door to close it….and more.
- Other Plays (Puns)on Words. Acupuncture is a jab well done….and more.
- My Resume (Not Really). Fun with idioms.
- The the Impotence of Proofreading. Taylor Mali the GREAT!
(Send more links if you have ’em!)